Rethink Your Drink
Why Rethink Your Drink?
What you drink makes a bigger difference to your health than you think. Drinks like soda, sports drinks and energy drinks are loaded with sugar and empty calories. Drinking them can be harmful to your health and may lead to obesity, heart disease and diabetes. Consider drinking water and other healthier options instead. Take the pledge today!
THE NOT-SO-SWEET FACTS ABOUT SUGAR
1. There are 16-18 teaspoons of sugar in a 20-ounce soda.
2. Drinking sports and Energy drinks can lead to obesity, heart disease and diabetes.
3. Drinking one soda a day can equal an extra 25 pounds of weight per year.
4. Sugar-loaded beverages are the single major source of added sugar consumed by the average American.
5. Nearly 50% of the average American's increased calorie consumption is from sugar-loaded beverages.
All information was provided by Cook County Public Health: www.cookcountypublichealth.org